Friday, February 8, 2013

Show a Teacher Love

Whyt's Whimsy Teacher Gift (2)

I have been out of the classroom for 5 years, so I no longer have those out of pocket teacher expenses for supplies. Every year, I make sure Master Whimsy’s teachers know that when they need stuff to let me know. I have a special affinity for hand sanitizer. Throughout the year, I even shoot emails to see if they need any additional sanitizer, since so often they will forget to ask, or feel awkward doing so. With flu season bearing down, I would rather spend the money for the classroom to keep germs at bay, than to take care of a sick kid. (As I write this, I am on my second round of antibiotics this year, 2nd day of missed work this week, and I have no desire for being nurse to the family…)

 

For gifts, I also lean toward the practical. For Christmas, I made recess 1st aid kits. This would also make a great gift for Valentine’s day. I ordered the Thirty-one Littles Carry-All Caddy from my Cypress Bag Lady.  These are the perfect size to carry out to recess and carry needed supplies. The teachers will LOVE you and the kids won’t have to miss class running to the nurse’s office.

Whyt's Whimsy Teacher Gift

I hit the dollar store and WalMart for the supplies. I included bandaids, Vaseline lip balm, tissues, hand lotion, rash cream, wet wipes, qtips, and of course, hand sanitizer.

Whyt's Whimsy Teacher Gift (2)

Go for the practical teacher gifts for Valentine’s, they will LOVE you for it!

Have a great weekend! Love, Whyt


Home Stories A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet comments are greatly appreciated!