Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Scored on Craigslist!!!!

I am always scouring craigslist on my iphone.... I have 3 saved searches so that I can easily check for any new finds... I am looking for a road bike so I can ride in the MS 150 and cross it off my bucket list. The MS150 is a fundraiser bike ride for multiple sclerosis. It is a two day ride from Houston to Austin...
My next search is "antiques" from $0 to $100. I am looking for a buffet to go with my hutch in the attic. I had this cute buffet and hutch (shabby white of course) that I picked up for a song about 5 years ago. Then my sweetie bought a 50 inch TV at there are not a lot of shabby chic TV stands. Sweetie shopped the house and took off with my buffet! He pulled out the drawer and made a shelf  for components and the video games fit neatly underneath. I miss my buffet and hate that I can't close the TV behind doors of an armoire, BUT he pulled a "Whytney." I am so proud!

I added a burlap curtain, and VOICI! Plus, a benefit of burlap..... The PS3 remotes work through the fabric and you can't see the game console! Gotta love the shabby look!

My final search is "furniture" 0-100.... This is where I scored this weekend!


A 24"X48" kitchen island with a wine rack for all of $25!!!!! The top leaves a little to be desired and I HATE the handles, but that can all be fixed!

So I put my baby girl to work!



And I am going to surprise you all.... I didn't leave it white, didn't paint it sage green or even barn red.





wait for it....








wait for it....










 Yep.... BLACK! My kitchen table is also painted black and I have black iron  accents in the kitchen. I even have an old iron gate hanging from the ceiling that I use as a pot rack. I still need to get a new top and I need to find drawer pulls, but as I finish, I will keep you updated!

I am off for today... Until next time...

ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet comments are greatly appreciated!