Sunday, March 17, 2013

New Baby!

Fall 2012 039
The day before my 41st birthday, I became a great aunt again. My niece, Sommer, gave birth to precious Jaxon. Several months ago, my MIL and Miss Whimsy headed to Stephenville for the baby shower.
Much to my dismay, there was no bedding on either of the registries.  UGH! I was wanting to make a sign or other accessories to go with the theme of the room. Come to find out, Sommer’s Mema was making the bedding. Through modern technology, I received pictures of the fabrics that Mema was using! (of course, I have deleted the pic from my phone, forgetting I was planning on using it for a post)
Fall 2012 040
Here are the fabrics Mema used from Jo-Ann’s. I searched high and low and only found the stripes. Have no fear, I did find other fabrics that coordinated beautifully!
Fall 2012 041
No dinosaurs, but isn’t the “rarr!” typography print too cute?  No little dots, but a bolder dot. Orange ric-rac instead of the solid orange.  Put it together, and what have you got?
Fall 2012 042
Mema’s bedding and a coordinating diaper bag!
Fall 2012 069
I filled the diaper bag with diapering essentials, including diapers, binkis, a rattle and wipes (Not everything in this pic is from me… I had forgotten to get pics after I made the gift!). Oh yeah, check out the wipe boxes. While I had my Silhouette out to cut stencils for Jaxon’s monogrammed sign, I cut a few dinosaurs to jazz up the wipes! And speaking of the sign… I stapled some of the left over striped fabric to a canvas, glued orange grosgrain ribbon on the edge and painted the monogram. Easy peasy!
Fall 2012 067
Sommer, the sweet Momma to Be
Fall 2012 044
Sommer, Grandma Barbara (my MIL), and niece Christy, (my flower girl, who is also with child)
Fall 2012 054
Christy’s daughter, Rachel, my 1st Great Niece
What a blessed day we had with family and friends. Now I best be deciding on what to do for Christy’s little one that is due this spring…
Oh and…Thanks Holly for sending me the pic of the fabric! It is so fun to be able to give handmade gifts in the style and design the recipient chose herself!
Have a blessed week. Love, Whyt
 
Linked to:
 
Get Your Craft On Link partyKeeping It Simple
Today Creative Blog



Photobucket


.

2 comments:

  1. You couldn't have asked for closer match with the colors of your bag- diggin' the BIG dots too- go Bold or Go home, is my motto too!
    Mommy looks so proud (dare I say it? GLOWING!)

    Thank you for sharing with the rest of us! Always great to see creative minds at work. :)

    Visiting from Catch As Catch Can @ My Repurposed Life linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    Link To My Party Project This Week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Little Mommy is as sweet and precious as can be too!

    Sometimes you just gotta believe its a "God thang" when everything falls so perfectly into place!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are greatly appreciated!