Thursday, December 16, 2010

T Minus 9
Can you believe Christmas is a mere 9 days away and  2011 will be here 7 days later… OH MY!


I have been crafting the holidays away and have only baked once… I have got to get on the ball! I wanted to show you a few projects. Maybe I  will get around to taking pictures of Christmas in the Ahern house…


I found this iron headboard in a shop in Milano, TX years ago. ( I will have to tell the story of that shopping trip with my MIL. It is awesome!)

Mr. Whimsy and I used this headboard until we decided to move up to a king size. I couldn’t bear to part with this beautiful piece. I even had neighbors who wanted to take off my hands. But I had something in mind, OFCOURSE!!!



A bench! See the one in the background? I finally saw its last days. How could I make a bench to withstand the elements? Off to Lowe’s…. Change of plans. The bench would go in the dining room where the faux mantle used to be. (See previous blog)


The finished picture is still on my camera, so I will post later. But you get the idea… foam, batting, and burlap, all left over from
other projects and I have a great banquette bench! The kids LOVE sitting on it and I was able to get rid of 2 Windsor chairs that were falling apart.


After the success of the rag quilt I made for the Linus Project, I feel the need to make one for every occasion. I am now on my 4th one! I can’t show you 2 of the quilts til after Christmas, but here is the one I made for Baby Jameson, who will be here in 6 days. For Jameson, I used the left over fabric and a canvas bag from Hobby Lobby to make a matching diaper bag. (A couple years ago, I was on a canvas bag decorating kick… another blog, another time)


Have a Blessed Weekend and take time for You!


Love, Whyt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet comments are greatly appreciated!