Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Keeping it organized...

I have many grand ideas, great ideas, aha moments. I am, however, the world's worst at seeing these ideas to fruition. Since I have started blogging, I have a "To Do" list I keep on my computer. I visit it reguarly... add to it and hopefully cross some things off the list. I also save pictures so when the mood strikes, I will remember what sparked in the first place!


Some ideas are seasonal, so come next fall and Christmas I will have some decorating ideas.


Fall:
Hurricanes w/ nuts/mini pumpkins/leaves
Glue moss to fancy wood letters


Christmas:
Stockings (Ballard)

Stenciled coir door mat
Pompom scarf
Toile paper napkins decoupage to ornaments
Coasters: poly cute papers to 4x4 tiles & poly, cork underside
Print picture on transparency and place in glass ball
Candy striped bakers twine

Stamped clothespins
German glass glitter
Spell “Joy” w/ kids in pjs
Paint wood toys white & distress
Wreath between sinks in master
Advent calendar



Others are tips on painting that I pick up from other blogs.

PAINTING
Water based paint takes 21 days to fully cure
Primer: Zinsser BIN: cures in 45 min

No need to sand
Use spray or can
Great colors:
Behr Aged Parchment
Behr Black Diamond
“Orange Peel” texture


Then there is the shopping list for my craftiness....

To do/get:
Distress & glaze red doors
Top for island
Staples
Hardboard
Baskets for island
Ruffle foot
No slip ironing mat for dryer
Dining room chairs
Drop cloths
Finish curtains
Entry table


How do you keep your crafty, creative brain oganized? Please share your ideas!


Have a great day!
Love, Whyt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet comments are greatly appreciated!