Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Greatest Show on Earth!

The house has been VERY quiet this week! Our nephew spent last week with us. Besides the massive amount of rain, we managed to make it to the pool several times and then to the circus!
I had not been to the circus since college, yeah, about 20 years ago! Since this was the highlight of our week, I wanted to make it the most incredible experience. Here is to help you plan your excursion!
Summer 2012 009 copy
  • Google for promotion codes from local sponsors: Chick-fil-A and local radio stations had codes. The code I used took the price of the tickets from $18 to $10.
  • Even though the circus was at a NFL football stadium, the circus only uses about 1/2 the field and ALL the seats were good. We bought front and center, but there was action on all 3 sides of the stage!
  • Baby’s First Circus: If you have an infant, go to the website and get a FREE ticket!
  • Take advantage of the Animal Open House and All Access Power Up Pre-show Party. Arrive to the circus an hour and a half before show time and get up close and personal to the animals and performers.
  • Stop for dinner before going in. Food is EXPENSIVE at the circus!
  • Souvenirs are also EXPENSIVE! However, if you go to Pre-show, there are freebies. Also, snowcones, lemonade and cotton candy come with souvenir packaging, so that kinda made up for the price.
    Summer 2012 001copy
Score on the tickets!
Summer 2012 002 copy
Freebies included bracelets and clown noses.
Summer 2012 043 copy
Up close and personal with the circus animals
Summer 2012 023 copy
Summer 2012 030
Summer 2012 037 copy
Meeting the performers
Summer 2012 041copy
Cute top hat included with the cotton candy
Summer 2012 124 copy
What a great way to end the week!
On Saturday, Mister and Master Whimsy and Mason left to meet back up with his parents at the farm. Papa has a doctor appointment in the big city tomorrow, so my boys stayed at the farm to help out. I stayed here to take Miss Whimsy BACK to camp on Sunday. Although its vewy vewy quiet around here, I have been in “get er done” mode. So back to cleaning the master closet!
Have a great week!
Love ya, Whyt


Linked To:
A Diamond in the Stuff

Mommy Huh: Totally Social Link-Up
The Shabby NestsshbuttonPhotobucketSomewhat Simple

4 comments:

  1. The Circus! What a wonderful idea! I wonder if it's coming up to Canada? Hmmm....

    Hi Whitney, I’m visiting from the Totally Social Link-Up and I'm following you on Linky, GFC, and Pinterest. Is there a way to subscribe by email?

    Great timing for this Linky because all our email subscribers are automatically entered into our Summer Reading Weekly Book Giveaways all summer long. Hope you get a chance to visit and subscribe. Cheers, Renee

    http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Both my daughter and I are avid book readers, so I will definately be following.

      The circus has 3 different touring companies and the schedules are on their website!

      I guess I should add an email button, I had never thought of it! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...circus doesn't come to Canada, but I live close to the border and it's coming within 2 hours of where we live. That sounds like a fabulous idea! I'm so glad I ran across your post! I soooo want to go to the circus. :D

      Delete
  2. sounds like a great way to end the week..and a great way to form memories!! good for you..definitely sounds like fun!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    our family went 2 yrs ago...a fun time for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are greatly appreciated!